Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oct 18th 2011 - A 4.5 Mile Round Trip through Stern Grove

IMG_0326_smaller

IMG_0297_smaller

Flickr set for today starts here

Today I walked through West Portal's commercial street, to Stern Grove, and back. I entered Stern Grove on Vale (the car entrance). You descend to the little valley that is Stern Grove. I walked along the meadow which is used as an off-leash dog run, around Pine Lake, and looped back to the main entrance. I left via the steep climb up to the main entrance. I walked back through West Portal, and stopped at the produce market for some figs and berries.

Total walk: Just under 4.5 miles and two hours.

This is going to become a favorite walk.

IMG_0374_smaller

IMG_0367_smaller

By the way, I did walk a couple miles each on Saturday and Sunday, but did not actually map them or take pictures. My thigh muscles are really feeling strong – I love it!

2 comments:

  1. How very lovely...I've always loved Stern Grove. I can see why this will be a walk you'll take often

    ReplyDelete