Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oct 15th 2011 - A 4.2 Mile Round Trip to the Grocery Store (Inner Sunset)

IMG_0200_smaller

The club house in Forest Hills, designed by Bernard Maybeck.

Flickr set for today starts here

Yesterday's walk was inspired by an invitation for the evening. A friend invited me, along with another friend I hadn't see in twenty years, to dinner followed by an evening of knitting. They were providing the meal and margaritas and I was asked to provide dessert.

I decided that I wanted to buy some toothsome delicacies from the bakery at Andronicos. Andronicos is a great small chain of local grocery stores, and the nearest is located in the inner Sunset. The neighborhood between my house in West Portal, and the inner Sunset, is Forest Hills. Once of the nicest neighborhoods in San Francisco, though there is really only one hill to navigate. Andronicos, at the corner of Funston (virtual 13th Avenue) and Irving, is 2.1 miles from home.

Total walk: 4.2 miles, 1 hour, 50 minutes.

IMG_0216_smaller

IMG_0248_smaller

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yum! What great walks you have in the City...When I lived there I walked every day to work, from Telegraph Hill, through North Beach, the Financial District to my office south of Market. (Before there was a SoMa, it was just...bums...!)

    ReplyDelete