Friday, October 14, 2011

Oct 14th 2011 - A 5.6 Mile Round Trip to the Ocean

IMG_0158_smaller

The ocean is 2.6 miles from my front door. Now I know. :)

Flickr set for today starts here

I've been wanting to walk all the way to the ocean for awhile. I tried a week or two ago, but it got too dark by the time I had hit 2 miles and I turned around and walked home in the dark. This time I left at 7am and watched the world light up.

It's so strange to have sun in this neighborhood (the Sunset) - most of the year it's foggy.

5.6 miles, 2 hours and 15 minutes. I walked along Ulloa to the ocean, and along Taraval coming home. Lots of stops for pictures, stoplights, and a run to the produce market for some fresh pita bread and a dazzling array of feta cheeses.

IMG_0141_smaller

In the Sunset district, most of the houses are connected to each other. And the streets are much wider than in most of the other residential areas. I used these nice wide streets to teach my eldest to drive.

1 comment: